Frankincense Essential Oil Benefits And Uses
Frankincense Essential Oil - 5 Benefits & 5 Recipes
Frankincense Essential Oil has a fresh, sweet and spicy aroma and comes from the resin inside the Boswellia tree. The trees grow in the dry regions of Africa, the Middle East and India.
It’s an oil that has been used over 1000’s of years and especially in Ayurvedic medicine, whereby it seems to offer a variety of health benefits, which includes aiding digestion, relieving the symptoms of arthritis and healing small cuts and scrapes.
PS: I even used this in a tincture blended with a carrier oil and eucalyptus essential oil, on my dog Bella when she got stung by something on her paw. It had caused it to swell up and she was limping. Within 4 hours the inflammation went right down and she was walking back to normal!
5 Frankincense Essential Oil Benefits
- - Reduce Arthritis Symptoms
- - Promote A Healthy Gut
- - Relieve Anxiety And Stress
- - May Fight Certain Cancers
- - Could Improve Asthma Symptoms
Top Frankincense Essential Oil Properties
- - Anti-Inflammatory
- - Antispasmodic
- - Antiseptic
- - Anti-ageing
- - Astringent
5 Frankincense Essential Oil Recipes
1. Make Relaxing Frankincense Bath Salts
- One Cup Of Epsom Or Himalayan Bath Salts
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 11 - 13 drops
- Optional: Lavender / Ylang Ylang or Rose Essential Oil - 5 drops
Simply mix it well and pour into your warm bath - et voila!
2. Frankincense Essential Oil Diffuser Blend
This Frankincense blend is for an uplifting and alertness effect.
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 5 drops
- Pine Essential Oil - 3 drops
- Cinnamon Essential Oil - 3 drops
You can use in your plug-in atomiser or oil burner with water.
3. Frankincense Essential Oil Facial Oil Blend
It’s suggested that Frankincense Essential Oil can soften and smooth the skin, as well as said to have anti-ageing properties. Ideal for dry skin.
- Carrier Oil Jojoba - 1 teaspoon
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 1 drop
- Lavender Essential Oil - 1 drop
Use cotton wool (or pad) and gently swipe around your face, paying extra attention to dry areas, fine lines and deeper wrinkles.
4. Frankincense Essential Oil Blended To Make A Chest Rub
- Carrier Oil Sweet Almond - 1 Small Cup Full
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 3 drops
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil - 3 drops
- Rosemary Essential Oil - 3 drops
It’s always best to make smaller ‘batches’ at a time. This will keep the potency of the blend at its best. Give the blend a little stir and apply by massaging all over the chest area. This will soothe and aide better breathing. If you have a stuffy nose, it will help to clear it.
5. Frankincense Essential Oil Arthritis Massage Blend
- Carrier Oil Sweet Almond - 2 tblsp
- Frankincense Essential Oil - 13 drops
- Turmeric Essential Oil - 7 drops
- Sweet Orange - 10 drops
Blend the oils into a dark glass bottle - Ideally with a dropper for ease of use. You only then need about a teaspoon of the blend to massage over the affected areas for relief.
IMPORTANT: Ancient Wisdoms essential oils are for external use only unless otherwise indicated. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease, and it should not be used by anyone who is pregnant or under the care of a medical practitioner.
Buy Ancient Wisdom's Frankincense Essential Oil 10ml
PS: It's always best to check with your GP if you are on medications or if you are pregnant before use.
PS: Ancient Wisdom Oils are not to be ingested.